Sunday, January 27, 2013

A little project...

When our kids play, they play hard. It is a joy to watch them live life to the full. So full, they usually end up wearing holes in the knees of their pants from seam to seam. Usually I groan at the thought that new jeans will have to be purchased. If it is summer we might cut them off at the hole and let them have some shorts for the warmer weather. But holes in winter aren't conducive for staying warm.

So, one week as I was folding laundry after bedtime, I decided to pull out the worn out pants. I got this idea to deconstruct the jeans, keeping the intact portions to use for a quilting project. Now, don't be impressed, I don't actually know how to quilt, but I thought it might make a fun, sturdy, family picnic blanket and it would preserve a little bit of our kids' childhood... Or at least some of their clothes.

The last few nights I have been taking jeans apart, cutting them along the seams. As soon as I am done with my little stack, I will tackle the next part... Learning how to quilt. This should be fun...





1 comment: