Sunday, May 15, 2011

When I grow up...

Micah was being funny tonight. Really funny. Just being himself is pretty funny. The whole family took a vote, and since he can't completely talk for himself yet (though he is getting closer every day), we decided he would be a comedian when he grew up.

So, then Caleb says to me, "Mom, do you know what I want to be when I grow up?"
I said, "What, Caleb?"
Caleb replied very enthusiastically with, "A race car driver!" and then he proceeded to VROOM really loud and make my hair go flying about.

I was interested in finding out what my other kids wanted to be, so I asked.
Noah says he wants to be an Astronaut, but since the government has been cutting funding to the space program, his fall-back plan is to be a doctor.
Hannah said a teacher, then a mom, and if teacher didn't work out, then she would be a waitress.
Faith had a list, but it boiled down to being a rancher and a mom.
Grace said a mom and maybe someone who works at a store.

Then, Caleb, who had obviously been mulling over this whole conversation in his mind turned to me and asked, "Mommy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
I laughed and said, "I want to be a Grandma when I grow up! So, I am practicing by being a Mommy right now!" And I tickled and tickled him.

Last, the kids all turned to Elliott and asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up... "A park host." Can you tell we just got back from a camping trip? Elliott proceeded to tell them the kind of vehicle we would pull our live-in full-time RV with.

I think I will continue the conversation tomorrow at breakfast, after our Bible reading. I wonder how they will respond to thinking on the same question related to their spiritual walk and not just thinking about their future professional life.

No comments:

Post a Comment