Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How do you...

... make your blog posts so long? Where do you get all those words?

My answer when asked this question was simply to laugh and then blame Anne, of the famous Green Gables, that is. I am currently reading aloud Anne of Avonlea to the children and Anne's delightful descriptions of everyday ordinary life are impacting my thoughts and words.

But then, I have always been wordy. I am constantly convicted by Proverbs 10:19 - "When words are many, transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent." and Matthew 12:36-37 - "I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." I earnestly strive to not be wordy just for the sake of using up my full allotment for the day, but instead that my words might be pleasing to the Lord, being used to encourage and build others up... even if they have to endure many adjectives and adverbs along the way.

This one is for Kaylah. Short and sweet. For me, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment