Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thinking back...

The last few days I have been suffering the effects of being poisoned with gluten. It doesn't happen often, as we are very careful, but when it happens, I am reminded why we are so careful! Through it all, the migraines and body aches and gastric distress there are still things I can be thankful for, for our God is good and cares for us, even in our distress.

Friday's thankful list:
71. Friends who love the Word of God and gather together to spur one another on
72. Sharing a fun time of swimming and picnicking with our friends
73. Pain medicine (for killer migraines)
74. Clean folded laundry
75. Leftovers
76. Keeping in touch with friends far away
77. My girls enjoying a great time at day camp and learning more about God's Word through practical teaching

Saturday's list:
78. A husband who woke up and cooked waffles for everyone and let me sleep
79. Children contented to play quietly together
80. Getting to take a nap with Micah while Elliott ran errands with the kids
81. Finally figuring out what we want in regards to a floor plan for our new home
82. Picking up the house and putting away laundry to prepare for starting school Monday
83. Being reminded that our avoidance of gluten is not paranoia but that it really makes me sick, very sick
84. Micah giving me one of his special blankets until I feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment