Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I always forget...

... the before pictures. Sigh. I don't totally forget, I remember halfway through the project that I forgot the "before" picture. Sometimes I stop and take the "mid" picture, but most of the time I just depend on people remembering what the "before" looked like.

For two weeks I have done little else besides drink coffee, eat chocolate and prep my house for sale. I have moved out all of our craft stuff and packed anything that could be packed without taking the personality out of my home. A sweet friend who has the gift of interior design and real estate staging came and rearranged every room of my house and told me what to paint. And now, as soon as I get photos of every room, we will be officially on the market.

Here were my first attempts at photos... I will play with them a little more tomorrow, and I will remember to take the doll from her contortionist position and put her away. :) And I need to finish cleaning the grout in my living room and hall before I retake those photos.


The front of our home, lots of my favorite plants growing beautifully this spring!
First room you come to upon entering our home, the office. I had some lighting issues in this room, I will give this photo another try tomorrow.
Dining room. We now eat on the floor as there is no way we are trusting six children to eat over a carpet.
The cozy new arrangement for my living room. Love this room now!
A far back corner view of our 1/4 acre backyard. We have enjoyed many lovely days outside in this space. (Playground stays with the house.)
Our large entertaining deck. We love it, and this is where we are eating most meals. Here or on the kitchen floor during inclement weather.
Piano got a new home and the classroom was packed up and parts of it re-purposed for this home selling project. Had some lighting trouble here too... I need to try mid-day instead of late afternoon. 



The girls room or "Bedroom 2".
The boys room or "Bedroom 3"
This is our "fake" room or "Bedroom 4". No one actually lives in this room, we just staged it as a bedroom with one of our girl's beds. They have been taking turns sleeping in the extra room.

Anyway, lots more photos to take, as well as some tinkering with angles on these. We are very close to being fully ready and on the market and we hope to put our offer in on the house with property by the end of the week. We are very excited and are praying for God's will. As much as we hope all works together for us to get this new house on property so we can do a little farming, our desire is much more to be content with whatever the Lord deems for us as good.

And I better try to get to sleep... one thing about this pre-packing and staging thing has been that I have been pulling all nighters almost every night, staying up until 2am or so. Going to bed before then feels weird now. And a huge storm just blew it, it sounds like the water is coming in through the walls! Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Denise! It looks great. You have to promise to post pictures of the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely post photos of the new house if everything goes through... right now we are just waiting, as patiently as possible, on the Lord. We will be on MLS tomorrow and hope to have the sign up in time for showings this weekend. We have some minor things we will keep touching up until we sell. We will also be putting an offer in on the other house, contingent on selling ours, and hoping they say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete