Saturday, March 24, 2012

And now to live like this...

We are now live on the market, sign in our yard and everything. Now we wait for our first showing... And prepare for being ready to evacuate at any moment within 15 minutes.

We looked again at the other house today... Just to make sure before we put in our offer. When we saw it originally we had all the kids with us. I was super concerned they would break something. This afternoon Elliott and I were able to really look hard at everything. We still so love this house. We know it would be a lot of work but I think it would be wonderful for the kids to work hard and have something to show for it... A garden and farm animals... A pool... So many blessings packed into such a lovely property.

So we wait and we try to live here without looking like anyone lives here. We start back with schooling Monday and we shall see if we get an influx of daytime showings or not. We have had some lovely friends offer to let us crash with them if we get kicked out for a showing and we are thankful, very thankful to know we have great places to go!

Throughout this process so far God has taught me some good things. He has shown me my excessive stuff and taken from me the desire to shop for more of it, convicting me of my lack of stewardship in this area. He has shown us where we have lacked perseverance in diligently laboring together to do our household chores, as well as providing opportunities to improve. I am being given daily challenges to choose how to speak and I am striving, with the Lord's help, to choose kind words with a patient tone.

I am tired. I just painted my last bathroom. Tomorrow I will go to sleep like a normal person at a more normal time. For now, paint is drying and the laundry is tumbling. I decided laundry at night was the best plan as our normal laundry process would not be conducive to a 15 minute evacuation. We shall see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment