Friday, January 13, 2012

A short update...

James is off the breathing machine, doing well and asking for his recliner. He is weak, but we were told to expect that. We don't know when he will make it home, but I know the kids are looking forward to seeing him again, we all are.

There is no telling what the next few weeks or months will look like. Elliott and his mom have discussed starting to consider the plans for the funeral so James can have input into songs or other parts of the worship. James told Joyce last week how he wanted no bagpipes but did want 50's music played, likely during the reception. I am praying for a bold presentation of the Gospel, I would love to see James' testimony shared declaring the power of the Lord to save!

We don't know, but it is possible we will have more rushed trips to be at his side, and to support Joyce. We will still have planned visits to pray and laugh together, share meals and make memories. I am sure I will be called upon to give hair cuts and trim his beard (my job ever since before his first surgery).

I can't thank you enough for your prayers and offers for help. We appreciate and need both! Situations like this are a blessing, it is amazing to watch the Body of Christ serving and loving one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment