Thursday, December 29, 2011

Is it cheating...

... to begin using the Systematic reading plan for 2012 this week so I can build in a few buffer days?!?!?! Well, cheating or not, I did! I didn't realize that the plan was divided into morning and evening readings (http://bfsatx.org/node/470). I am excited, this will be very helpful in building some much better habits for me of being in the Word of God at all times!

Today I read Genesis 1-2. I love hearing over and over again how God created the world. I love the order. I love the detail. I love that God imparted His likeness to man, that we might be conformed to His image. As I read this morning, I realized something I had never realized before... there were no poisonous plants in creation. None.

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."
Maybe that was obvious to you... and of course, I didn't get to this in my reading this morning, but when I read the above passage, it occurred to me how much the original sin changed the world. Plants that used to be good for food could now kill me. Ouch. I had never really pondered how much the original sin changed the world that God had made that was so good (Gen 1:10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31) to one that was so accursed, not only mankind, but all the way down to the vegetation.

I am glad I "cheated" and began a little early. What is your plan to grow in the Word in 2012? 

No comments:

Post a Comment