Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Women Discipling Women...

This past weekend I attended a conference inspired by the passage from Titus 2:3-5 which says:
Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Our church has a ministry based on the same passage of Scripture and a few years ago one of our topics was "Everybody is Older than Somebody".  Tonight we had one of our quarterly meetings of the Titus 2 ministry, and it was great.

As I think about this past weekend, and all the wonderful sessions, I wonder how I will keep it all fresh, how I will dig in and work to apply the practical application of Scripture that was discussed. Especially the session on "UGH! I give up! - Loving When it is Hard." I have six kids. Some days it is hard. Being a mom really has exposed my selfishness, anger, irritability and impatience more than any other event or situation has.

So, if you will bear with me... I will likely blog about it. I plan to work through the main passages from that session, talking through scenarios of "how would that look in my life" incorporating 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and Romans 12:9. I think this is likely going to hurt. In a good way, of course, stripping away sinful habits, confessing of my sin, repenting and seeking forgiveness from my Lord as well as my children, husband, friends.

As so I begin, lest I become like the person described in James 1:22-24.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be checking!

    something that I love about the "everybody is always older than somebody" concept is that regardless of age, and regardless of maturity, the spirit of God is alive in each one of us, and we can always mutually learn from each other . . .

    ReplyDelete