Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Please excuse my apples...

I have a Micah. He is always starving. He has very good problem solving skills for his age. So much so that he has recently taken to helping himself to the fruit drawer of the refrigerator. While I have never seen him in the act, he leaves clues behind... the bathroom stool in front of the fridge... a fruit drawer that has not fully been closed... and four or five apples with two or three tiny little bites from each.

A friend was over recently and her child wanted an apple... she didn't tell me how many apples she had to go through before she found one that had not been sampled by my sweet little boy, except that she repeatedly said, "Oh, I think this one already belongs to someone." I guess I should be thankful that he is not wasteful, as he always puts the apple back when he is done nibbling.

And he doesn't have a bias for apples, any fruit is fair game. When we have cuties, there are holes in them from where he shoves his finger in trying to get the peel to come off. He is sweet enough to put those back in the drawer too, after he tries to open 3 or 4, that is.

In case you are wondering, we do feed him. A lot. He is just a Micah. A very hungry Micah. Who likes fruit.

I forgot... he also really likes Craisens. He uses the stool to get to those now too, ever since I placed them higher in the pantry. He knows how to operate the zipper closure... and sometimes things get added to the bag that don't belong... like Legos or K'nex... can't say I didn't warn you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment