Sunday, July 10, 2011

A calendar event...

Recently, a friend shared in a ladies Bible study meeting that she had bought an 8 1/2" x 11" week-at-a-glance calendar to record her daily Bible reading notes in. She mentioned that she thought it would be encouraging to see her week fill up with all she was studying in the Scriptures.

I loved the idea. I went out and bought two calendars like that. One I am using for menu planning. I sit down on Saturdays and write out the activities for the following week, then I figure out which meals to make based on our commitments and time for the week. I have done it for 3 weeks now. I love it. The other, the one I bought for recording my quiet times, got lost in a pile (see previous post). I found it today.

This week is blank. When I remember the reason I bought this calendar, to visually remind me to be in God's Word, a daily calendar event, I got a little sad. It was really convicting to see nothing written down. And while it was lost, I have to admit to myself the reason it got stuck at the bottom of a pile was because I had not made having my daily time in God's Word a priority this week.

But, I am not staying sad. I have opened it up to this new week, remembering that God's mercies are new every morning, and I am setting it next to my Bible. I will pray tonight for God to wake me up so I will have no excuse to not spend time in His Word first before the busyiness of the day carries me away.

How do you record what the Lord is teaching you? What do you do to stay on track with what you are studying in the Scriptures?

No comments:

Post a Comment