Friday, July 8, 2011

Restructuring...

When I think about our days, I know some stuff needs to change. I have bigger kids growing bigger and needing less supervision (most of the time) and I need to let the reigns out. There is a fine balance, however, because the next two down aren't completely ready to be "on their own" with some projects but the oldest two are also not really ready to be in charge of them. The two littlest require an inordinate amount of time to make sure that the house will not be destroyed just because I go to the bathroom.

So, with school planning in the works, I am contemplating what will work. Or, I guess, what I perceive might work better than our current plan, or last year's plan, or the year before that. How can I structure our day to maximize our efforts to be purposeful instead of floundering for lack of direction? How can I teach my children to think for themselves and make wise choices when left to make their own decisions? How can I still prepare three meals a day, keep an orderly home and get laundry done in the midst of homeschooling 4 kids and chasing after 2 others? How much coffee will I have to consume in a week to get it all done?!?!?! Ok, that was just silly. :)

But this coming week is the scheduling week... I am going to pour over lesson plans and try to figure out the juggling plan... ahhhh, the annual restructuring... 

No comments:

Post a Comment