Monday, June 13, 2011

On the verge...

This afternoon I have been on the verge of tears.
Yesterday I was on the verge of becoming sinfully angry.
Sometimes I find myself being on the verge of engaging in gossip.
Other times I will be on the verge of allowing myself to worry.

I am rejoicing! This is progress!
A few months ago I would have left the verge and jumped fully in.
Being on the verge means I am fighting.
Being on the verge sometimes means I get quiet and hold back tears or words or struggle with thoughts.

What has made the difference?
God's Word...  both the wisdom which is contained within it and my intake of it.
Prayer and Confession... identifying the areas in my life where I am falling short and seeking God's help to change and be conformed to the image of Christ.
Accountability... having a friend who is faithful to ask me how I am doing, am I pursuing what is right and good.

So, while being on the verge is hard.
And sometimes even a tear creeps out.
I am thankful that the Lord has allowed me to see how He is changing me.
Despite the circumstances pushing me to the edge, God is good and does good in all things and for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment