Friday, February 17, 2012

Hip-hip Hooray...

After nearly all of 2012 without a well functioning, and sometimes completely not working laptop, I am happy to report that things are back to normal in techyville. I thought the first couple of weeks without my laptop were quaint. Then, as I began falling really far behind in emails, I started to be less amused. The last week or two I was finding myself irked by my inability to get to files easily, ones I needed for school or cooking or whatever. Sigh. My files, all 200+ MB of them have not been transferred back yet, but that will hopefully happen this weekend. Ahhhh.

I think this involuntary fast from the land of computers has been good... I was surprised at how much more time I had when I didn't have my little laptop to hide behind. I gained new perspective on when to be on the computer and when it is more profitable to set it aside and focus more intentionally on my husband, children, house chores, ministering to neighbors, etc.

While I am thrilled to have my helpful sidekick returned to me, I am praying that I will remember the lessons and priorities I have learned these past two months. I will strive to not allow my time to be wasted in useless and unprofitable ventures, becoming distracted with blog hopping or what not. What ways do you keep yourself from wasting time on the computer or on the web?

2 comments:

  1. I find that if I put it away, like out of my sight, that helps...so I stick my laptop in the side crack of my couch, so it's literally hidden. Making it difficult for me to get to helps me not hop on so fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gab! That is a great idea. That "out of sight, out of mind" is the basis on which my kids do their chores... If we stay out of sight long enough, mom will forget what she asked us to do. :) I am sure that will be an effective tactic for the computer!

      Delete