Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When I don't check my email...

Every once and a while I will be so busy during the day that I don't pull open my laptop or check my email on my iPhone. Every time that occurs I find that a few things happen... I play more with my kids, read more aloud, and respond more kindly to situations as they present themselves. Then I noticed two other things... no one died because I didn't get back to their email within a nanosecond and I end up quickly deleting all the junk mail because it has become overwhelming instead of reading each piece as it comes in one by one.

The more I realize the pull of technology on my heart to be distracted and discontent, the more I wonder if I shouldn't pull back even farther from the media so heavily surrounding us. Then I realize I am married to an IT guy in the 21st century and am reminded that one of the Fruits of the Spirit is self-control, not isolation.

Please forgive me if my email response times increase, I promise to still respond!
     If you need me quickly, text.
          If you want to chat, call.
               If you are looking for a yummy cup of coffee, come on over.

No comments:

Post a Comment