Monday, February 20, 2012

Cleaning makes me happy...

I think when I clean. I sing to myself, or listen to sermons. It feels good to watch a counter that could not even be seen moments before, be unearthed and looking sparkly clean. Ahhhh. Of course, with six littles running around, it never stays that way for very long which is why I took to cleaning at night a few years back. I usually have extra energy at night, a lifetime night owl, and I also figured out that anything I clean at night usually stays clean for 6-8 hours before being destroyed. :)

Our normal "schedule" has been in an upheaval for nearly a year now, since Elliott's dad's wreck in March 2011 and his subsequent battle with brain cancer. We have chosen to spend as much time as we can with E's parents, meaning many days we hop in the car and go instead of staying at home to work on chores. It has been a good and precious time, but you can tell our priorities have been elsewhere when you look around the house. (I apologize in advance for any Lego puncture wounds or overflowing bathroom trash cans...)

So, now to go do some midnight cleaning and potentially rearranging... I am having an organizational challenge... how to keep the handicraft projects within a reasonable and useful location but also not be just obviously out in the open... hmmmm, I will ponder as I dust and vacuum. Anyone else a night cleaner?

1 comment:

  1. nope, not me. i try to clean up after lunch and after dinner so it's mostly done by the time the kids are in bed. but by the time the parents get to bed, it's not so clean anymore, and I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete