Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not my plans...

Nothing has gone according to my "new plan" this week. Except for the children knowing what is expected of them for independent work (the green on the chart in the post below), we have done little nothing else that I had planned.

Sunday night I was attacked with an incredible pain in my stomach. A stomach bug has been going around, so at first I thought I was about to be the next victim. So, I readied myself with a bucket and slept on the couch so as not to disturb Elliott's sleep if I ended up getting up and down a lot. By Monday morning the pain was no better but I had still not succumb to the "bug". It was decided because of my multiple abdominal surgeries (7 in the last 9 years; 3 in the last 18 months) I should go to the ER, knowing I would end up with some testing looking for an obstruction or adhesions causing problems.

Monday I was in the ER from 10am-7pm. At the end of the visit I found out there was nothing "scary" going on but that they had no idea what was going on. There was something that showed up on the CT scan that should not have been there which led to my calling my favorite doctor Tuesday morning. He insisted on needing to see me... so that will be Thursday.

Needless to say, this is not the week I had planned when I sat down Saturday and planned our new schedule. Nor is it the plan I had when I gave the kids a pep talk on Sunday night about the new exciting order of our day. But again, I am reminded of not only Proverbs but also of Isaiah 55:9 - "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Considering this, I strain forward, relying on the Holy Spirit to give me gentle words as I deal with my dear children. This definitely does not come easy for me, much less when I am ridden with physical pain. And so, I remember that the Lord's strength is perfected in my weakness. Praise the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm, I didn't know you spent a day in the ER last week-certainly a woman plans her days. . .and what a continual reminder that God directs our steps, every one. . .
    I'm happy to see you moving with vigor, snapping pictures today; God's grace. . . ever new and amazing.
    blessings

    ReplyDelete