Saturday, March 12, 2011

Little things...

I am trying to teach myself to enjoy the little things. I fear that all too often I allow the little things to slip by unnoticed, or even worse, to be annoyed by them. Today I chose to smile at the little things. A few little things from today:
  • On a birding walk with my oldest two this morning, Noah left some of his friends to walk down the trail holding my hand and then he even asked me for a kiss. 
  • Micah has three words. Mama, Baby (pronounced Bay-beh), and Bye-Bye. He got a new stuffed puppy dog this afternoon and needed to name it. We were about to name it "Woof" thinking it would be a great boy-name for a dog when he began running around with it screaming out "Bay-beh". So, now that is its name. I imagine Micah will change the name when he finds a new, more masculine word, like "truck".
  • While at a public restroom with Caleb as he started to wash his hands, he put his hands up to the sink and the water came on automatically. Caleb immediately said, "Thank you water."
  • When we told the kids that we purchased airline tickets last night for a trip to Virginia to visit some friends and attend a wedding, we started getting the questions... "Is today the day we go on the plane?!?!?", "Ok... tomorrow?!?!?"
  • During prayer tonight, Faith thanked God that tomorrow was Sunday and that we would be able to go to church.
  • No kids came down after we put them to bed. :)
Taking a moment to notice the little things is one of the sweeteners of life. I am thankful to the Lord for opening my eyes to see the many wonders of His works, even as pointed out by little children.

2 comments:

  1. love it. I too need to be reminded of the sweet little things, even just hearing "Mommy?" all day long..sometimes I get tired of it, and then I remind myself that it's such a blessing to be called Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute about the plane ticket part! I remember when we were on trips we would always say are we there yet? That's so cute! Hope you are feeling better! Praying for you and can't wait to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete