Friday, June 7, 2013

Funny little conversations...

Tonight as Micah was finishing his shower, the following conversation ensued...

Micah: When will Mocha's puppies get bigger?
Me: Every day they get bigger and bigger. 
Micah: When will I get bigger?
Me: Every day you get bigger and bigger. 
Micah: When will Daddy get bigger?
Me: Daddy won't grow anymore, he is as big as he is going to get. 
Micah: When will you get bigger, Mommy?
Me: I am actually trying to shrink.
Micah: Why are you trying to shrink?
Me: I grew too big! 

He laughed and left to go get dressed. He is growing up too fast. They all are. And I keep reminding myself... Each moment is joy-filled, I just have to slow down and be there for them. 

Regarding the shrinking... I have lost nearly 30 pounds since February by loosely following the plan outlined in the book Trim Healthy Mama. I have around 35 more to go, but I am loving that I can live my real life, and while I definitely think through my meals, my diet does not fail because I have a dessert once a week or so. I say I am only loosely following the plan because I haven't used any of the alternative sweeteners, I just cut out sugar and have a real treat rarely. I haven't bought any of the other alternative things, I am just balancing meals using whole foods and I feel almost guilty for how easy it has been, and I am never hungry! 

Now I am looking to start working out at home. I think I will add an official work-out time with the kids too. So we can all get fit together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment