Monday, October 29, 2012

A new birthday idea...

There have been a whirlwind of birthdays recently, my girls are each enjoying the festivities, and I have been trying to figure out how to give a nice gift to our girls' friends without spending way beyond budget.

We like crafting in our house. There are a lot of kids who make a lot of noise within these four walls, crafting usually produces busy hands and quiet moments. :) Since we enjoy the crafty endeavors we undertake so much, we also like to share our love of creating with our friends.

Just this weekend our girls were invited to two different parties, and after asking the moms of the birthday girls, we came up with some creative and fun ways to share our love of crafts with others, and utilize much of what we already had on hand to make the gifts.

The first party of the weekend came upon me too quickly and I missed the photo opportunity, but believe me, the stack of brightly colored fabrics tied with a bow were really sweet. This little girl also needed some pins and a few needles and embroidery floss. My girls also made necklaces and duct tape hair bows. I am excited to see what kind of creations the newly gifted fabric will turn into!

The second party of the weekend left me unsure of my creative gift-giving skills. We did purchase a frame and print a picture of our girls with their friend, but we needed something else... So, I made a craft kit from things we already had at home. It was very simple, and as I hand wrote the instructions, I think there were all of four or five steps. I hope she enjoys making these sweet butterfly pins, and then wearing them!

Butterfly Pin Kit Contents - Felt Butterfly pieces in pink and purple, buttons for wing embellishments, a needle case with 3 needles and some pins, two skeins of embroidery floss in coordinating colors, floss bobbins and two pins to affix to the finished butterflies.
Up close, waiting to be sewn together.
 What do you do for birthday party gifts for your children and their friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment