Saturday, June 2, 2012

Planning productivity...

As this weekend begins, it seems to me that it will be the first weekend we have come to in a long time where there is nothing planned. Nothing. Strangely, nothing. It is quite tempting to think of sleeping in until noon. But with six children, two dogs and two rabbits, 8am might be a more realistic goal.

With nothing on the calendar for Saturday, I am planning to be productive. Lately, I have been struggling in my responses to my children... snapping, grumbling, sighing... I have felt overburdened with my crazy never-stops-growing-longer-and-longer to-do list. We did a great job pre-packing our house to move, but have not done nearly as well un-packing, and I really would like to be able to walk in our garage again someday without risking a twisted ankle.

So, my plans for this weekend... make a menu and grocery shop, clear the counters in the kitchen and off the washer and dryer, clear out the dining room, and unpack one box at a time from the garage so I can efficiently purge any unneeded items, as well as reduce the accumulation of clutter by making sure every item really does have a home and putting it there.

What will you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment