Monday, May 28, 2012

How Google saved my iPhone...

As an update to my previous post about how my iPhone back-up was corrupt and I thought I had lost everything on my old phone... After repeated attempts at restoring my data, things looked pretty bleak. Thankfully, I had copied all my photos over two weeks ago, so the only thing "lost" was a few photos of the garden and the puppies.

After deciding to be brave about the disappointment of losing all my contacts and calendar events (what would being upset about it actually accomplish anyhow?!?!), Elliott began setting up my newly replaced iPhone. A funny thing happened as soon as he linked my Google account... My contacts all appeared... And after a little more digging, my calendar was restored.

Elliott thought it was ironic how Google saved the day when my Apple device failed me. I guess it is rather comical. I am just glad to have not lost everything. And I am thankful for a persistent husband who enjoys technological mysteries. :)

2 comments:

  1. Google is amazing, even though they are going to take over the world some day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean they haven't already?!?! ;P

    ReplyDelete