Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Have I mentioned...

... my Mother's Day present yet? Life has been blazing past in a relative blur the last few weeks that I might have neglected to mention it. Well, here it is... I got two puppies. Both a little under 3mo at the time, a little red poodle which I named Cinnamon, and a little black mini-schnauzer I named Mocha. Yes, I named my dogs after my two favorite coffee additives. :)

One is a girl (Mocha) and the other is a boy (Cinnamon), so in case you might be wondering, we are hoping that in the future they will have a litter. Do you know what you get when you mix a schnauzer and a poodle? Well, since you asked, you get a Schnoodle. Cool, huh?

At full grown, neither should exceed 10 lbs, though they currently don't weigh that combined. They will be perfect "RV dogs" and so far, we have seen success in training them not to be "yippie dogs" (Gotta love water guns...). I am learning a lot about dogs, especially since I have never really liked dogs, or paid them much attention to them. But I love these two little snuggly buddies, even when they wake me up at 4am to go potty.

Here is a photo of how they hang out with me when all the kids go to sleep. :) Who wouldn't love these two little friends.


3 comments:

  1. wait . . . you have never really liked dogs, buuuuut you got TWO of them for mother's day? how does that work? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. Weird, huh? After having these too little critters, I think I figured out I am not a big fan of dogs big enough to smell me in places I would rather not be smelled. :v/ These two sweet puppies can't reach my knee caps, so they are perfect! And while my preference was cats, too many people in our lives are super allergic and we didn't want to lose fellowship with friends over a pet acquisition. The kids are happy, I am really enjoying them too, win-win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aha! sounds like it works out . . . :)

    ReplyDelete