Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow and steady...

I am moving back into my home differently than I moved out. When we were prepping our home for sale I worked tirelessly through the day and night to get pre-packed, moved into storage and staged. Now that I have my stuff back I am moving slower. I don't want to just find places to hide stuff, I want to make sure I need/want it to enter back in. And I want to give away what we don't need or aren't using, no more taking two or three years to see if we might someday use it or need it.

Last week I was plagued with some terrible upper respiratory bleh, and thanks to some restful days and antibiotics, I am beginning to feel more normal every day. While I was feeling so under the weather, I did go through our DVD collection and did some much needed purging and reorganizing. I discovered I needed one new case to hold nature documentaries and historical films. I gave some movies away, and threw some movies away. I cleared out three boxes from my garage without taking up any space in my house. That was awesome.

We are excited about our gardening endeavors. The six fruit trees seems to be taking to their new homes. Our vegetable and fruit garden are doing nicely as well, though I need to get some cages for the tomatoes and some trellises for other climbing items. I also acquired three new plants at the San Antonio Botanical Society's Plant sale this past weekend. They need to be planted. And I need to buy more mulch.

School is officially on break. Every year I try to muscle through the Spring. And every year we spend the entire season staring outside wishing we could be outside. This lovely weather is quickly followed by the Texas summers we are so accustomed to, where we sit inside with no hope of much outdoor play due to the scorching temperatures. So this year, we are swapping. The kids have been living out of doors for a couple of weeks now, and with the temperatures beginning to climb into the 90's, we will be hunkering down for school in a few weeks. This also gives us time to go camping, as well as work on finishing up with moving back in.

So, we are plodding along. If you feel like stopping over for coffee, we will likely be here. Plodding.

No comments:

Post a Comment