Friday, April 13, 2012

Productive week...

Despite illnesses for the youngest two of our clan, we have had a pretty productive week...

A friend came over on Monday morning so I could run to Costco to purchase 6 fruit trees (2 peach, 2 apricot, 1 lemon and 1 lime). Later in the afternoon the kids and I cleared the grass and set up our two new 4'x4' garden beds. Then, as a reward we went to Lowe's to buy all the dirt (16 cubic feet of it), as well as mulch and some good dirt to use in planting the new trees. We also picked what veggies and fruits we wanted to grow. We know we are a little late in the planting season this year, but we tried to pick some hardy plants and will just hope for the best. :)

Tuesday we filled the beds with soil, planted the plants and started to plant the trees. We got two done that evening before we got attacked by mosquitos. They apparently only liked the taste of my right arm.

Wednesday we were busy with piano lessons, friends coming for playdates, putting mulch on the new plants, and going to a dentist visit. Elliott went to a Spurs gave with work, we ate a Chick-fil-A and watched Beatrix Potter cartoons.

Today was great too. We started the morning with moving some furniture. Now that we are staying here, I wanted the girls beds all back together instead of split up into the "staged" fourth bedroom. So, I moved the sleigh bed back into the girls' room, the rocking chair into the upstairs game room, and the black eurolounger into the extra bedroom. As well, I took the black IKEA shelving which was temporarily in the boys' room for showing and put the small piece in the game room and the larger unit in the guest room (it will soon house my yarn). We returned all my friend's stuff that we were borrowing for "staging". I also asked the guy who mows my yard to dig the last four holes for my other fruit trees and he happily did and I planted them. The twins and I pulled grass from all our other trees and mulched them. I counted my trees today. 17. And yet, my yard still looks barren. I know in a few years it will look super and we will have shade in different areas, that will be really nice.

Friday will be busy too. School. A couple of errands. Dog-sitting. Elliott and I are going to our final weekend of NANC training for this year's sessions on Friday evening and all day Saturday. And Sunday we will have church. I think I will crockpot...

This coming Monday we will be having a moving company move our stuff back from storage. It will be lovely to have all our craft stuff back. I plan on trying to be selective as I unpack, making a donation pile as I go. I have enjoyed living leaner, and I want to set an example for my children. The plan for next week is school in the mornings, unpack in the afternoons. It will be busy, but hopefully also fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment