Monday, September 12, 2011

Gluten Free laziness...

We have been entirely gluten free for about 5 1/2 years now. At first, I was gun-ho about figuring out how to make life taste normal again. I worked tirelessly to perfect a bread recipe here, brownie recipe there, biscuit, muffin, cookie, etc.

Overall, our food tastes really good. People who don't know we are gluten free will ask for recipes and be surprised. And there is very little food I miss or pine away for. Croissants, while I might miss them, I am not willing to invest the time or energy necessary to do anything about it... so no pig-in-a-blankets for us. And while I adore Popeye's Spicy Fried Chicken, I despise deep frying food in my house, so I will have to only dream about it. :P

However, after smelling all the amazing pastries that we served for the Women's Seminar this past weekend, I was convicted not only by the amazing teaching, but also by the fact that I have not tried any new recipes in months and maybe even years. I have been thankful to have our "favorites" covered and too busy or tired to do anything more exotic. But the kolaches... and the butterfly rolls... and the butter pecan snails... the thumbprint cookies and other goodies...

So, I wonder what would happen if I set aside a day a week to try a new recipe... hmmm... might be yummmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I remember those trial and error days you had! It's always good to try something new. You had me impressed from the beginning with your creations.

    ReplyDelete