Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Joining the circus...

As I review the schedule I have come up with for this year's tackling of our school subjects for our different age groups of children, I just keep thinking about what a juggling game it is going to be. I think of those people at the circus who juggle knives and I am thankful that my juggling, as crazy as it might get around here, will not mean the loss of a toe if I mess up or "drop the ball".

I have been going through a season of learning what love looks like in a biblical way, and how can that be practically lived out in my life. If you look at the first part of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, I can't even read the whole sentence without recognizing my need for the Lord to love through me. "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude."

And as I think about the impending craziness of school starting next week, the circus act of scheduling kicking off, I already know that I will have to purpose to seek out being patient, loving, humble. I am crying out to the Lord now, knowing my personal weakness towards impatience, harshness and pride.

I wonder if I ought to take up juggling for real... could I do it? It seems to me it would be a good exercise in patience... Maybe I could start to juggle every time I started feeling overwhelmed, you know, instead of going to the bathroom to hide and count to 20. Juggling would be more entertaining anyhow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment