Sunday, August 14, 2011

I can see my desk again...

It has been way too long. I am way behind in making "Thank you notes" (and getting them out) because I could not find a flat surface to work on!

There seem to be a few rooms in our home that, when things get busier than normal, take the brunt of our neglecting. Garage is always at the top of that list... I will consider doing something about that in October or November. The laundry room... sigh, it is next to the garage, so whatever someone doesn't feel like walking out to the garage to dump ends up there.

Next comes my office/craft room. When I cannot decide where something should go at that very minute, or we have company coming in less than 15 minutes, everything gets dumped on my desk. Sadly, the chaos overflows into the chairs and onto the floor. Then I get discouraged and refuse to deal with it. Then I get behind on doing things I ought to do because I can no longer find them because things were not put where they should have been. A vicious cycle.

Well, Monday is the beginning of our new school year. One thing I really need to have done so that my brain will work is to have a clean desk. So, this week I have been organizing books, putting things away, filing, tossing unneeded papers... ahhhh, feels good. It is not perfect... I gave up a few minutes ago and dumped all the remaining out of place items in a laundry basket. But, the good news is that it only took one basket, and it is only half full. When I began there was an overflowing laundry basket, and four large fabric bins that had to be dealt with.

I still have a lot to work on for Monday. But for now, I am heading for bed. Tomorrow, with my clear desk, I will begin ordering our lessons for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment