Thursday, February 24, 2011

Double-dog dare you...

The past few weeks have been crazy. The San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo has been in town, and well, to our little family, that is slightly more highly anticipated than the arrival of presents at Christmas. Yep, no kidding. So, we have tromped through stalls, watched cow milking and chick hatching, watched demonstrations on training your horse to go where you want him to, explained that many of the things done in the Rodeo serve a real purpose, except maybe Bull Riding... couldn't really think of a reason for that, other than one cowboy encouraging another cowboy with a good old fashioned, "I double-dog dare you..."

Then, this week, as things settled down and I actually sat down to read the few blogs I keep up with. I checked one that hadn't been updated for a while. I was SHOCKED when I had to click on the "older posts" tab. This friend of mine has done an amazing job of being on top of things in blogging-land in 2011. I was so pleased that she so sweetly shared her life on-line that I even went so far as to thank her for it on her Facebook wall. Well, in return, she posted on my Facebook wall. She said it more sweetly and quite politely, but it was something like "double-dog dare you", and she even said she would read it "IF" I got to posting.

So, that begs the question... what to post... I haven't posted much anything in the last few months. And it is not because I hadn't thought of it. It seems I keep thinking life will "slow down" or "return to normal" and then I will have time to blog. I am realizing more and more, that I need to become ok with the "new normal". So, maybe I will set aside my desire for my blogs to be perfectly formatted and well thought out. Maybe I will not worry so much about grammatical mistakes (such that I feel compelled to read and re-read my posts, making posting take 3 or 4 times longer than it ought to), and just hope that someone out there will point them out to me and I will remember to go correct them. And maybe, just maybe, I will post some crazy amount, like once a week.

We shall see. Double-dog dare... accepted.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Of course I'm sure you've been choosing the important things in life but it's fun to read the thoughts of other women in the same journey! Thanks for accepting the "dare"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah!
    Starting to realize here that life is all about new "news"! More about how you deal with it!
    Feel like mine is contantly changing for SURE! :-D

    ReplyDelete