Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In the quiet of the night...

I have been struggling with insomnia. From all I have read this is normal considering the surgery I had and the recovery in front of me. Still, insomnia when you are exhausted and tired is not very fun.

I am thankful, though, that the Lord had already brought me through a season of sleeplessness, though caused by a chronically ill child, the lessons I learned during that time of "night watches" are helping me now.

Throughout the Psalms, David speaks of praying through the night watches (Psalm 63:6; 119:148). David certainly had many reasons to be awake throughout the night, but it was an encouragement to me that he chose to use those sleepless nights to turn his heart to the Lord and His promises.

So, while I try to wait patiently, waiting for balance to return and for my life to be "normal" again, I am thankful for the opportunity to walk with my Savior in the night watches. Remembering to pray, seeking His Word, counting even the sleeplessness as blessing.

What do you do in the night watches?

No comments:

Post a Comment