Saturday, September 4, 2010

Preparing our hearts...

Tomorrow is Sunday and in just minutes I will be heading to bed. But just now, as I was signing off Facebook and email (and laughing at my husband who is geekily working on some website design and is murmuring to himself what needs to happen next), I thought about tomorrow.

Sunday. As I child I dreaded the day, for before I knew the Lord I was thinking only of the end of my own pleasure, only thinking about the fact that Monday was right around the corner. As a young adult, still before my conversion, I dreaded Sundays a little less, I had come to like Mondays but I still was spending Sundays simply in indulging in whatever it was I wanted to do, thinking nothing of anyone else, though regularly annoyed at Chik-fil-A being closed!

Now... oh, how precious the Lord's Day has become to me. I yearn for it to return as soon as it has ended. I enjoy the teaching ministry at our church (Believers Fellowship, www.bfsatx.com) and the fellowship of the saints! I am blessed to have a sweet husband who really strives to make it a day of meaningful rest for our family. I have no more favorite a day of the week than my dear, precious Sunday.

Sundays are perfectly sweet to me and we are striving to pass along that vision to our children. Saturday nights we have been sharing with them the importance of preparing... preparing physically, by going to bed a little early, by gathering Bibles, shoes and clothes... preparing for open hearts by talking through areas of temptation they will face to be distracted from taking in God's Word... praying together, and sharing our love with the Savior with our children.

So, good night... time to prepare for the Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment