Friday, May 31, 2013

Today was the day...

We bred our dogs, Mocha (a miniature schnauzer) and Cinnamon (a miniature poodle), two months ago. The timing was  accidental, but they were successful and we were looking forward to welcoming babies in June. Mocha's due date was supposed to be June 3rd which is the day we are planning to get home from our great Midwest Adventure. 

Starting at 9am this morning, I was getting texts that things looked like they were moving along, Mocha was restless and trying to make a nest in the corners of my couch. She finally moved to her crate and by 10:21am she had birthed three puppies! 


Nothing new happened for awhile, but around lunch, two more puppies arrived. Five puppies! How exciting! But wait, one more puppy arrived around 2pm, SIX puppies! I giggled as pictures came in over text, at one point some of my closest friends and their kids were all in my living room watching my sweet Mocha become a new momma. Thanks to all the adults there, videos were captured, and I can't wait to show the kids. 

We are having a blast on our vacation. It has been a refreshing time, and a very encouraging one. It will take me weeks to unpack all the wonderful sessions I have gone to and share what I am applying. As we wrap up our last couple of days here, we are now looking forward to our return home for another reason. Well, six, actually. 


No comments:

Post a Comment