Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Looking forward to Fall and School...

So, one of the things that has kept me busy and off the computer the last month besides taking post-surgical care of Caleb and chasing after 6 kids has been the classroom renovation of the upstairs game room (or empty room, depending on how you looked at it). One afternoon in mid-May, Elliott and I got in my father-in-law's truck pulling a small enclosed U-haul trailer, we kissed the kids, entrusted to my sweet mother-in-law, and hit the road for Austin and IKEA.

It took a couple of weeks and Elliott taking some time off of work to get all the furniture built... 6 - groovy red chairs, 4 - 6'x6' bookshelves, 4 - desks that hook into the bookshelves, and 2 - 5'x3' bookshelves laid on their sides... we also have drawers, but those are still not put together. Then we had to start moving books from the downstairs "library" to the upstairs "classroom". Then it was decided that Elliott's office should probably be moved away from the classroom to afford him being able to work while we were doing school... so my craft room and his office had to be switched... The toys had to be moved and rearranged... now we need rugs to help define certain spaces.

Right now, I would say we are at about 85% completed... but the promise of completion is so exciting it keeps me trudging along. Much progress was made when Elliott was home to play with the kiddos, now to just not loose steam and FINISH... then, pictures, I promise!

And, then, once I get a good handle on what books we have, then school planning will take off... I am getting so excited, I hope it rubs off on the kids! But again, another reason I have not been too present on the world-wide-web... I hope to do better in the future!

1 comment: