Thursday, September 18, 2014

Every day...

... the children wake up.
... the kids expect to be fed three times a day.
... snacks are asked for about twenty minutes after finishing one of those three meals.
... my energy runs out far before I think it should.
... coffee is made to fill in the gaps between my real energy level and my needed one.
... the pile of unfolded laundry mocks me as I rummage through it to find my favorite sweatpants.
... the dishwasher runs two or three times.
... I sneak off to be alone in the bathroom for 3 minutes.
... they find me.
... the kitchen counters beg to be cleaned.
... I ignore the clutter that has crept onto my recently cleaned off bar top.
... the dogs bark like they are going to eat whoever just rang the door bell.
... they jump on and try to lick them to death instead.
... the sun comes up in the morning.
... the sun goes down in the evening.
... I notice how many weeds I need to pull in my flower beds.
... I remind myself not to forget to look for the beauty of the flowers.
... we cheer and welcome Daddy home from work.
... I settle at least 17 disagreements/arguments/brawls by lunch time.
... I am realizing how each of my kids are unique, special, and different from one another.
... we are reading the Proverbs at breakfast and the Psalms at lunch.
... we are speaking to each other with God's wisdom more, and our foolish words less.
... we pray for the people in our Church, at the gym, our neighbors.
... I marvel at the good gifts that God has given us.
... I stay up late grading school work.
... the dogs pile up and sleep together on the couch.
... I seek to show my children the power of the Gospel as we walk through life together.
... the blessings are greater than the trials.
... I thank God for His lovingkindnesses to me. 

What do you do every day?

2 comments:

  1. well this list sounds pretty near similar, except for the dogs (instead I have a cat who rolls around in sidewalk chalk and meows a lot.) This was a good list, the last several points being very encouraging. We read in the mornings at breakfast but I'm still trying to figure out when to add some more BIble reading. Maybe audio in the car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, this post was originally being written as a little snarky "how hard my life is" post, but as it was in the midst of being composed, the children and I read our Psalms passage for the day, and there is was, David starting out focused on his circumstances and bemoaning them, then the "but God" moment where he changed his gaze to the Lord. I just couldn't help but copy David. :)

      Delete