Saturday, January 18, 2014

When a project comes together...

was crazy reluctant at first. But now I am hooked. What am I referring to, you ask? Pinterest, of course. I am the first to admit that I must force myself to exercise a great deal of self control to not spend too much time pinning my day away. On the flip side, I also find great inspiration for projects and kid activities that otherwise would have never been discovered. 

Awhile back I was planning projects for Christmas and came across a few photography projects on Pinterest. I pinned them up on my Photography board and didn't think too much about them. I love photography. I take tons of pictures. Oddly enough, I rarely print them. In reality, I have limited the number of breakables in my home for the last 12 years due to the presence of short people, and lots of them. However terrified of broken glass I may be, I really love the warm and loving feel of homes with pictures of their families on the walls. We just got our family portraits done and they were so wonderful I wanted to show them off in our home. And then I remembered the project I had seen on Pinterest... DIY Photo Canvas. 

I bought the canvases and black paint. I had the portraits printed. A friend had just given me some Mod Podge, so I was ready to start. Of course, reality set in and the materials got buried under the day to day business of our lives. I would walk past the dining room table and look at my stacks of "to be done" projects and sigh. 

This afternoon while all the children found themselves something to do, I remembered the canvases and got to work... 


And now I wait for all the pictures to dry so I can finish attaching hangers to the back. These photos are finding a home going up the stairs. The children have requested I not use birth order or gender groupings in hanging the pictures. Randomness has been requested. Can't wait to see how everything looks up on the wall! 









1 comment:

  1. Love this. I've done this before and I'd love to do more of it...great work!

    ReplyDelete