Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall is in the air...

I can't remember a whole year of weather that I have enjoyed more than this year. The summer was incredibly mild, by Texas standards that is. And fall has come in right on schedule. Windows are open most every morning, the birds have begun migrating, Monarch butterflies can be see wafting by overhead. It is pure joy for my heart, and I wake each morning yearning to spend the day out of doors.

An annual tradition around here is something I have deemed Pumpkin Patch and Play day. It is when I set a deadline for myself to get the kids dressed in coordinating outfits and we head over to the local Methodist Church Pumpkin Patch for our yearly Mommy-taken kid photos. We invite friends to join us at the pumpkin patch and then back to our house for a brown bag lunch and fall inspired crafts. It was another fun event!

I imagine we will attempt to make another trek out to the patch this coming week as I did not seem to capture a group shot, and I want to try to conquer the lighting, but when friends arrived, all focus on Mom was understandably lost. If a return trip doesn't happen, here are the kids' photos for the year... they are somewhat becoming our "school photos". :)

 
 

Another post will contain some snapshots of our crafting fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment