Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Some funny things...

Micah asked if he could go to a meeting with Elliott for our HOA. The meeting was going to be at our neighborhood park. I was ready for his question, "Daddy can I please go to the park with you?" But I wasn't ready for his plea, "I promise not to throw anything at you!"

A friend made me the cutest little dry-erase board from a picture frame and some cute scrapbook paper. You write with dry erase marker on the glass and, there you have it, a cute dry-erase board. I had previously written "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name" but it got bumped and messed up so I had to think of something else. I have been inspired by chalkboard art lately, and even though this isn't a chalkboard, I decided to try my hand at a chalkboard-art-inspired little sign. I wrote "what is... true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, worthy of praise... think on these things" from Philippians 4:8. I was making each word in its own different font when I overheard two of our girls, "Why does Mom keep putting those three periods together?" The answer, "That is just what Mom does when she can't remember what to say."


On our wall of chalkboards (my continual thanks to Gab for her donation to my decor) one of the small chalkboards had "Don't Forget Your Table Chores" written right at eye level for the kids. I noticed today that nearly all of it was erased, just a halo of its former self remained. I teased the children that they were hoping I would forget what was on the chalkboard. Hannah blurts out, "What we should have done was erase the N and the T so it would say DO forget your table chores!" Ha ha ha... not so far out of the knock-knock joke stage as I thought! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment