Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just a little tune...

Sometimes I am amused by the little ditties that fill my mind during mommy overload moments. Laughter releases a little pressure valve so I don't explode like a malfunctioning pressure cooker. 

So, as I was just wandered aimlessly through my living room trying to remember why I got off the couch, the Tinman's song went skipping through my mind... "If I only had a brain..."

At least once a week, nothing with be going according to plan and Dory's cheerleader "Just keep swimming..." will ring in my ears...

Or when I ask the kids to do some particularly tortuous chore (like cleaning up after themselves), I think of sweet Mary Poppins and "Just a spoonful of sugar..." 

But more than that, I cherish the moments when the Lord places a song in my heart that shows where my true heart lies. When the sadness of loss feels too great to bear, "How Great Thou Art" comforts me. 

When I feel crushed by the weight of my sin, "Amazing Grace" reminds me that I am forgiven in Jesus Christ by no merit of my own. 

As I ready my heart to be with the Church and I prepare myself to be the Church outside of Sunday morning, "O Church Arise" will fill my mind and will ring from my lips. 

What little tunes come to your mind? And when? I wonder if there are some new songs I could learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment