Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Kids contemplating...

I helped Noah put together his comic strip earlier today, and he was elated. After I printed it out for him, I heard him discussing with his sister some big plans. Before long they shared their plans with me. They call it "The Tuesday Times". They are starting a newspaper. They are asking for their friends to contribute articles, artwork, stories, jokes, poems. They hope to publish every 1st and 3rd Tuesday (by 10am).

I am excited that they will be productively busy. I think it will be a wonderful exercise in diligence to meet (self-made) deadlines. And I am really excited to see how they pull it all together. (I plan on helping them on the computer end of things.) I think it will be a really fun endeavor that will unite them around a common goal. And I can't wait to see what kind of stories they tell!

I wonder if they will allow any parent submissions...

2 comments:

  1. I would be happy to write an entry for it :) Just let me know! That is awesome what they are doing :)

    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Meg! That would be so awesome! I know they would love to have you do a column! :) Send it on in!

      Delete