Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whirlwind...

This week has been a blur, and yet it is only Wednesday. Weeks like this remind me why we keep a low profile and strive to minimize our outside commitments.

Noah has been at golf camp all week. Hannah has had two orthodontist appointments to remove her braces and be fitted for her retainer. We have driven across San Antonio and back looking for items for Elliott to wear/use/decorate with on "Orange Spirit Day" at Whataburger on Friday. I have been dragging kids in and out of stores all week (but we got some really cool stuff... I will have to post pictures!) We have been out of the house for five hours a day straight, and then had errands and other commitments in the afternoons. I am wiped out.

Tomorrow is our last day of flitting around. I am so excited for lunchtime to come tomorrow and to be able to curl up on the couch with the kids and finish reading Johnny Tremain. Friday during the day we have nothing planned, but the weekend is full and our family will head in three different directions on Saturday. The kids are all excited about getting back into our school routine on Monday. I am too.

We have a few more weeks before some of the really big "back to school" stuff kicks off. I am still trying to figure out the logistics of it all. All of it is very exciting!


3 comments:

  1. Funny how summer can be so much busier than the schoolyear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you get to finish Johnny Tremain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through chokes and tears, yes. I was so so so so sooooooo glad that Johnny was gonna get his hand fixed! I wish there was a sequel... does Johnny marry Cilla? Does he get to claim all of his Lyte property? Awesome, awesome book!

      Delete