Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another direction...

I have had such a wonderful time detailing my blessings for the last month on this blog. I have found the exercise of being purposefully thankful to be an amazing tool in teaching me to look at everyday, mundane, moments in new ways. Not to mention, considering how blessings sometimes come in unlikely, and at times unpleasant, circumstances. It has been the perfect reminder that Romans 8:28-29 really is true, and God is incredibly faithful to continue to sanctify me!

However, due to time constraints (i.e. very little computer time during the day with littles all around), I have found it nearly impossible to make lists and blog. Don't get me wrong, I love lists!!! But I do miss complete sentences. I imagine that from time to time, I will jot down some things to be thankful for, knowing that opportunities for being grateful to the Lord for all He has done abound innumerably.

Our school year has started and some exciting things on are the horizon... I look forward to sharing some of the wacky and crazy things we are going to try this year, like hosting a co-op of sorts at my house... and helping start up a local 4-H Chapter... and building a new house!

Right now I am sitting in the middle of my husband's office trying to unpack things we packed away when we tried to sell our house a few months back, organize some stuff that never seems to get put where it belongs, and pack anything we don't use everyday to get a jumpstart on our move next spring... not to mention the purge and trash piles that are growing in anticipation of a neighborhood garage sale!

I am thankful for a week off from school (we have already logged a month!!!!) while Noah goes to golf camp... I am going to work around the house and trying to be brutal with letting stuff go. I began culling out toddler stuff (Micah turns 3 next week!) and offering to our church nursery renovation.

But for now, back to organizing, and then to bed! Have a blessed Lord's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment